Disability Advice Project attended a wellbeing event at the Congress Theatre, in Cwmbran, on 10 October in celebration of World Mental Health Day. More than 30 organisations provided advice and support as part of the Bringing the Community Together event.
Strike A Chord Cymru Choir sang a beautiful range of uplifting songs. The choir is made up of people affected by stroke and was brought together by the Stroke Association and Head for Arts.
There were plenty of wellbeing activities including free stress relieving massages and clay decoration making.
The event also kicked off a week of wellbeing activities across Torfaen, including:
- Zumba and Pump and Tone, Woodlands Road Sports and Social Club, Cwmbran
- Gym sessions, Blaenavon Heritage School, High Street Fitness Pontypool and Cold Barn Farm Gym, Trevethin
- Wellbeing Hub (Arts and Crafts), Woodland Road Sports and Social Club Cwmbran
- Digital Work Hub, Garndiffaith Millennium Hall
- Men Talk (Wellbeing Support Group), Power Station, Cwmbran
- My Own Mind, Mental Health Workshop, Trevethin and Penygarn Community Centre
- Sing for Fun, Ty Glas Y Dorlan, Thornhill,
For a full list of activities, including times and dates, head over to the Building Resilient Communities Facebook Page.
For more information about wellbeing support, contact Torfaen Community Connectors on 01495 742397 or email firstname.lastname@example.org