We are a small charity called the Disability Advice Project. We help people with issues around their long-term health conditions/disabilities and issues that affect their carers. We provide high quality, independent advice on welfare rights and care services. We are completely independent and rely on volunteers to provide our services and raise money to keep going. We have been established for more than 25 years.
Our mission is to ensure people with long-term health conditions, disabled people and their families lead happy and fulfilling lives, without discrimination.
- To provide the highest quality, independent advice and support for disabled people, their families and carers.
- To ensure disabled people, their families and carers receive the financial support and care they are entitled to.
- To promote social inclusion and campaign to end the discrimination of people with disabilities.
Please get in touch for advice on:
- Welfare rights and claiming benefits
- Community care services
- Advocacy support
- Power of attorney
- Equality and access issues
- Discrimination in the workplace
- Discrimination in services
- Disability training
- Volunteering with us