DAP offers tailored training on Disability/Access Awareness. We can train you and your staff on ways to improve access and welcome disabled people.
All our trainers are either disabled people or carers who volunteer with DAP. They bring a lived insight into how goods and services are made accessible and how this can improve your reputation, increase your customer base and profits.
Our Disability Awareness package includes:
- Identification of disabled people (visible/invisible impairments)
- Advantages of the inclusion of disabled people
- Models of disability (medical/social model)
- Correct use of language
- Myths and misconceptions
- Practical advice on dealing with disabled people
- Access issues
- Disability Discrimination Act
- Equality and Human Rights Commission