How can we help?
DAP offers tailored training on Disability/Access Awareness. We can train you and your staff on ways to improve access and welcome disabled people with first class service.
Access issues specific to your building/employees can also be incorporated into the training session, if you have previously purchased an access audit from us.
All our trainers are disabled people who volunteer with DAP. They bring a lived insight into how goods and services are made accessible and how this can improve your reputation, increase your customer base and profits.
Our Disability Awareness package includes:
- Identification of disabled people (visible/invisible impairments)
- Advantages of the inclusion of disabled people
- Models of disability (medical/social model)
- Correct use of language
- Myths and misconceptions
- Practical advice on dealing with disabled people
- Access issues
- Disability Discrimination Act
- Equality and Human Rights Commission
Previous participants had this to say:
“Good to have the opportunity to discuss matters with professionals”
“A very interesting and useful day”
“A very well presented course”
Price: £250 Duration: ½ day
For details on pricing or any further information, please contact us.