Are you passionate about making a difference to the lives of disabled people and their families? Could you support our work as a trustee?
We are looking for trustees who have the following skills:
- Experience/knowledge of disability
- Expertise in Financial Management
- Experience of third sector organisations
- Experience/knowledge of HR
Our trustees oversee the strategy and policies of the Disability Advice Project and support our staff and volunteers.
Board meetings are held bi-monthly in person, where possible. Alternatively, we meet via Zoom.
DAP is currently in receipt of Lottery funding, and in the second year of the three-year Brighter Futures Project. DAP is a registered charity (number – 1156176) and operates as a company limited by guarantee (number – 08785632). The board of directors of the company are also trustees of the charity. DAP is fully covered with management liability, trustee and individual liability insurance.
Click here for an overview of Trustees Main Duties
How to apply to become a trustee
To find out more about these rewarding opportunities, please contact Tony Crowhurst or Anna Deverill-Smith by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are many opportunities to volunteer at DAP. We welcome people who have experience of disability or caring and anyone who wants to help improve the situation of those with long-term illness or disability, and those who care for them.
Many of our volunteers have previously been clients. The help and support they received when they needed it made them want to join us and learn what it was like to be the giver, rather than the receiver of help. Many have found this such a positive experience, helped them grow in confidence and turn their lives around.
“Volunteering with DAP has helped me with my self-esteem and confidence…as a disabled person it has helped me feel included…”
What we will offer you
DAP is a warm welcoming environment and we are here to support you both professionally and personally. We will provide you with;
- Full training for the role
- Support and mentoring from a named member of staff
- Travel expenses
- Opportunities to increase professional skills and set personal development goals
We value you
We are committed to supporting our volunteers and ensure that everyone enjoys their experience with us. Volunteers have told us that they value:
- Making a difference to individuals, families and carers
- Learning new skills and increasing their confidence
- Doing something that is different and inspiring
- Having a reason to get up in the morning and a sense of achievement at the end of the day
- Being able to give something back and help people who really need support
Our professional approach
DAP is a volunteer led organisation with more than twenty years’ experience. We have a dedicated Volunteer Co-ordinator and continue to passionately achieve the Investors in People award. This represents the best practice we have in place to ensure our volunteers have a quality experience at DAP. All those involved with DAP are treated equally.
How to apply to become a volunteer
If you would like to volunteer with us:
- Complete and submit our volunteer application form
- Receive an invitation for an interview, this is very relaxed and informal
- Join the DAP team